By Michael Fisher
Fisher starts off with an entire advent to the topic, protecting the fundamentals of temporal common sense and utilizing quite a few examples, routines and tips that could extra complex paintings to aid make clear and illustrate the subjects mentioned. He is going directly to describe how this common sense can be utilized to specify a number of computational platforms, taking a look at problems with linking requirements, concurrency, conversation and composition skill. He then analyses temporal specification recommendations similar to deductive verification, algorithmic verification, and direct execution to boost and ensure computational structures. the ultimate bankruptcy on case experiences analyses the capability difficulties which could happen in a number engineering purposes within the parts of robotics, railway signalling, layout, ubiquitous computing, clever brokers, and data protection, and explains how temporal good judgment can increase their accuracy and reliability.
- Models temporal notions and makes use of them to investigate computational systems
- Provides a huge method of temporal common sense throughout many formal tools - together with specification, verification and implementation
- Introduces and explains freely to be had instruments in accordance with temporal logics and indicates how those will be applied
- Presents workouts and tips that could additional learn in each one bankruptcy, in addition to an accompanying web site supplying hyperlinks to extra structures established upon temporal good judgment in addition to extra fabric regarding the book.
Read Online or Download An Introduction to Practical Formal Methods Using Temporal Logic PDF
Similar logic books
While I first participated in exploring theories of nonmonotonic reasoning within the past due Nineteen Seventies, I had no suggestion of the wealth of conceptual and mathematical effects that may emerge from these halting first steps. This e-book by means of Wiktor Marek and Miroslaw Truszczynski is a sublime remedy of a big physique of those effects.
This instruction manual with workouts finds in formalisms, hitherto normally used for and software program layout and verification, unforeseen mathematical good looks. The lambda calculus kinds a prototype common programming language, which in its untyped model is expounded to Lisp, and used to be taken care of within the first author's vintage The Lambda Calculus (1984).
This self-contained textual content, appropriate for complicated undergraduates, presents an intensive creation to mathematical research, from the basics to extra complicated fabric. It starts with the houses of the genuine numbers and maintains with a rigorous remedy of sequences, sequence, metric areas, and calculus in a single variable.
This booklet constitutes the completely refereed post-conference lawsuits of the JSAI-isAI 2016 Workshops, LENLS thirteen, HAT-MASH, AI-Biz, JURISIN and SKL, held in Kanagawa, Japan, in November 1016. The 22 commonplace papers awarded during this quantity have been conscientiously reviewed and chosen from sixty four submissions. LENLS thirteen was once the thirteenth occasion within the sequence, and it excited by the formal and theoretical facets of usual language.
- Computational Processing of the Portuguese Language: 12th International Conference, PROPOR 2016, Tomar, Portugal, July 13-15, 2016, Proceedings (Lecture Notes in Computer Science)
- Essentials of Elementary School Mathematics
- Essays on Gödel’s Reception of Leibniz, Husserl, and Brouwer (Logic, Epistemology, and the Unity of Science)
- AI 2015: Advances in Artificial Intelligence: 28th Australasian Joint Conference, Canberra, ACT, Australia, November 30 -- December 4, 2015, Proceedings (Lecture Notes in Computer Science)
- Lectures on Infinitary Model Theory (Lecture Notes in Logic)
Additional info for An Introduction to Practical Formal Methods Using Temporal Logic
An Introduction to Practical Formal Methods Using Temporal Logic by Michael Fisher